1. In connection with my potential participation in The Shot (“the Program”), I represent and warrant that I am:
(i) a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
(ii) at least 18 years of age;
(iii) willing and capable of participating in each part of the process as outlined or to be outlined by the Producers.
I understand and agree that I will be required to provide ID confirming my date of birth at the request of the Producers. Any discrepancy or inability to fulfill the requirements above will result in my disqualification from the Program.
2. Producer and/or Music & Artist Development Experience (“Production Company”) reserve the right to render ineligible, disqualify, and/or remove from the Program any person they determine, in the sole discretion of either, is sufficiently connected to the Program or any Program Entities, such that his or her participation in the Program could create impropriety, the appearance of impropriety, and/or in any way prejudice Program competition fairness. Conversely, Producer and/or Production Company reserves the right to allow any person who may have a connection with the Program or Program Entities to remain participating in the Program if, in Producer’s and/or Production Company’s sole discretion, either determines that such person’s involvement in the Program does not and will not affect the integrity and fairness of the Program or Competition.
3. By submitting my demo video or other such registration requirements, I hereby grant to the Producer and its successors, licensees and assigns, without charge or other compensation, the irrevocable exclusive right, but not the obligation, with or without the Contestant’s knowledge, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, to film, tape and/or photograph, perform, record, exhibit, display, edit, distribute, sell and otherwise use my appearances, name, likeness, voice, singing voice, conversations, sounds, signature, biographical data, and any information or materials provided by me to the Producer in and in connection with and ancillary to the Program or otherwise in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised including, without limitation, in the Program, motion pictures, television, on the Internet, publishing, and recordings, and in connection with the advertising, sale, promotion, marketing, merchandising, distribution, publicizing and all other types of exploitation thereof, or in any other manner whatsoever in the Producer’s sole discretion or to refrain therefrom. Producer shall also have the unrestricted right to edit the content and text of any recordings of the casting process and any video and sound recording and other materials submitted me in connection therewith, as well as the Program and all film, tape, photography, recordings and my appearances thereon, in any manner or form. I further agree that Producer is the sole owner of and may freely assign all results and proceeds of such film, tape, photography, recordings and of my appearances appearances, in-person or virtually, thereon.
4. I agree to a confidentiality agreement that forbids me from discussing events related to the Program, my involvement with the Program, or any information acquired by me as a result of participating in the Program without the prior written permission of the Producer. In the event that this confidentiality agreement is breached, I will agree to pay whatever damages are caused to the Producers as a result of the breach.
5. I represent and warrant that I am not currently a candidate for public office.
6. I agree that I shall not hold the Producer, its licensees, successors, sponsors, advertisers, assigns, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, or successors libel or responsible for any injury, damage to property, loss of monetary assets or property or additional costs (including but not limited to travel, accommodations, meals and any required visas) that may occur as a result of participating in the Program.
7. I understand that there is a non-refundable $20 non-refundable demo video submission fee and a non-refundable $25 fee for Instagram Live virtual auditions. “Non-refundable” includes and covers: failure to advance to subsequent rounds of the competition, missing or being absent from assigned audition times, failure to provide proper file formats for demo video submissions, or any such other conceivable or inconceivable action or circumstance not within the control of the Program. To be clear, refunds will not be granted under any circumstance.
I understand and agree that Producer has the sole discretion to make determinations of eligibility, and that Producer reserves the right to change any of the eligibility requirements at any time. Producer may, at any time and in its sole discretion, require proof of my identity and/or eligibility.
By submitting my demo video or subsequent registration documents, in-person or virtually, I agree to the terms and conditions set forth above.