Please be advised that you must meet the following eligibility requirements (which may be changed at any time by The Shot producers in its sole discretion) (collectively, the “Eligibility Requirements”) in order to proceed with the application process and to participate in The Shot:
- This contest is open to solo artists only. Singers can be of any genre.
- Group acts, bands and duets are not permitted.
- Entrants must be at least sixteen (16) years of age by March 31, 2019. All applicants who meet this criterion, including all persons significantly older than sixteen (16) years of age, are welcome and encouraged to apply to be an Entrant. All Entrants younger than eighteen (18) years of age who appear in front of the judges must have a signed parent/guardian consent form.
- Entrants shall be required to pay a one-time, non-refundable administration fee of $10.00 CAD for video auditions or $20.00 CAD for live auditions. No other fees shall be requested or required.
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of Music & Artist Development Experience (“MADE“) are not eligible to be a participant on the Program or participate in the application process. Additionally, Producer, Music & Artist Development Experience reserve the right to render ineligible any person who they determine, in their sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production or distribution of the Program such that his/her participation in the Program could result in or create the appearance of impropriety.
- Accommodation, travel or other expenses incurred by the Entrant shall not be reimbursed by The Shot or the producer and shall be at the sole expense of the Entrant.
- Entrants who have participated in previous seasons of The Shot and have advanced to the top four are not permitted to participate in a consecutive season of the program but may return to audition for seasons that follow (i.e. top four finalists from Season 2 cannot participate in Season 3 but can participate in Season 4).
- Past winners may not participate in the program a second time.
- You must be willing and be legally able to travel to or within Canada, on such dates and locations as Producer shall designate, in its sole discretion.
- You must be available and be able to commit to all the filming days required. You understand that filming for the Program is scheduled to take place in Ontario, Canada, anytime between April to September, 2019. If you are chosen to participate, it is your responsibility to make any necessary personal and financial arrangements with your family and employers or school in anticipation of your absence. You will also be required to participate in additional activities related to the Program including but not limited to publicity and promotional activities, social media initiatives, digital and sponsorship activities, as determined by Producer.
- If you are chosen to participate in the Program, you will be videotaped, filmed, portrayed, photographed and otherwise have recordings of you and your actions broadcast throughout the duration of the Program and broadcast in perpetuity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity, at the sole discretion of the Producer.
- There will be one grand prize winner. The Entrant will be declared the winner by having the most number of votes by the audience at the The Shot finale on the date designated by the Producer. Pooling of audience votes may include live audience voting, use of an application or another collection technique as designated by the organizers.
- If you are chosen to participate in the Program, you must complete the participant form package, which will be provided by the Producer and will include, but is not limited to: a participant agreement and release, confidentiality agreement, an option agreement, a parent or legal guardian release form (if you are under the age of 18), and other additional information as required by Producer.
- To apply or participate in the Program, you cannot be currently signed to any label or have any obligations that would impact your ability to participate in the Program.
- If you are under the age of 18 and are chosen to participate in the Program, your parent or legal guardian must accompany you during production and any additional activities related to the Program (ie. publicity and promotional requirements, social media initiatives, sponsorship activities, etc.).
- You cannot have a criminal record or pending criminal charges. By applying to participate in the Program, you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, and any other types of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer.
- The right is reserved by The Shot producers to terminate this contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the contest, and/or these rules at any time.
- Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the contest entities (including The Shot, Music & Artist Development Experience and all sponsors and partners) from and against any and all third party claims arising out of or resulting from:
a) the entrant’s participation in the contest; or
b) any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations, or agreements granted, made by or entered into by an entrant; or
c) injuries, whether minor, mild or major, sustained on the premises of any events associated with the Entrant’s participation in The Shot.
By registering for The Shot, Entrants acknowledge they have read and agree to the rules of the competition.